- Applicant is an independent artist, Director/President of an arts group/non-profit organization or the Founder/Owner of a creative business
- Be an artist working in any creative discipline
- Must have a strong creative business or business idea to work on throughout the program
- 18 years of age and older
- Ability to commute and attend weekly sessions in Whitchurch-Stouffville
We bring in speakers from a variety of different backgrounds to give you a wholesome experience and various industry contacts. Guest speakers include artists, program partners (such as the Small Business Centres and York University etc), and other experts. Some of this cohort’s speakers include:
Alex Karolyi – Shadowpath Theatre Productions
Ganesh Thavarajah – York Region Arts Council
Kirsty Stevenson – Author
Ian Todd – Presentation Coach
Program Fee (due upon acceptance)
$150 for York Region Arts Council Members
$185 for Non-members
Click here to become a York Region Arts Council Member and receive discounted program fees and other perks today!
All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. A maximum of 30 applicants will be accepted for the program based on meeting eligibility criteria, full completion of application, ability to participate for the full duration of the program, artistic merit and business viability.
Acceptance notifications will be issued by email no later than August 31, 2018. Due to the volume of submissions, only those accepted into the program will be contacted.
Cohort 6 Program Partners
- York Region Arts Council, Whitchurch-Stouffville Public Library, Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville, York Small Business Enterprise Centre, Vaughan Business Enterprise Centre, Richmond Hill Small Business Enterprise Centre, Markham Small Business Centre, York University, School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design, Arts Society King, Markham Arts Council & WorkInCulture.
Application Deadline: Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 11:59pm
Acceptance Notices: Monday, September 10, 2018
Program Start Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Mid-Program Break: Tuesday, November 6, 208
Last In-Class Session Date: Tuesday, December 18, 2018
Expo: Final Presentations & Graduation Ceremony: January 2019 (Date TBD)
How to Apply
- Read the Artrepreneur York Region Cohort 6 – Program Guidelines above
- Complete the online Artrepreneur Application Form and provide all supporting documents
- Submit the application by Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 11:59pm
If you have any questions, please contact Ganesh Thavarajah, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.